Monday, May 17, 2010

Senior Reflection #1

Herndon's been alot of fun, and high school soccer has been a part of that. Freshman year was difficult as I tried to balance club soccer and high school soccer. Then early in the high school season sophomre year i tore my ACL, which really changed how I felt about soccer. During that season in which I didn't play, I realized how soccer was making me miss out on many typical high school experiences. The high school soccer season was just beginning again when I was cleared to play again, nearly a year after I originally injured my knee, and I soon found that the demands of high school and club soccer were too much. Since I was still trying to play in college, I decided to quit high school soccer. Soon, however, I realized that I would not be playing in college, so this season I decided to quit club soccer and finally enjoy high school sports. While I have had fun playing club soccer, I sometimes wish I had quit sooner and been able to enjoy other high school sports besides soccer.

No comments:

Post a Comment